Monday, April 18, 2011

40lb Gone! Never to Return!

Finally hit the 40lb mark this Sat. Thought that it would never happen. It feels like it took forever to reach. Robert had to remind me that I have not yet reached my 3 month post surgery date yet. It feels like forever ago that I had surgery. Life sure has changed since then. I am beginning to be able to eat more. I can still not tolerate bread or pasta. I miss the bread but not he pasta. Potatoes go down great. I can eat ground beef, pork, steak and some chicken. I have started trying fresh veggies and fruit too. I tried strawberries today and they were soooo gooood. I have also had raspberries, banana's, peaches, lettuce and tomatoes. I plan to try carrots next.

Getting enough protein in continues to be a challenge. They say I need 60g of protein a day and recommend 80g. I can barely get 40g. I have a orange juice based protein drink every AM but that is only worth 24g. I had to drink so many protein shakes prior to surgery they make me gag. I have ordered some online that I sure hope taste good.

Because of the lack of protein and rapid wt loss I am beginning to loose my hair. It is not like it is coming out in huge clumps but I have noticed that there is more in my hairbrush everyday. It is so depressing! I am so vain! For years I have made sure I like at least the head part of my body with good hair and makeup. I know that it will start to thicken in an a year but what if I am bald by then! I will have to go find a good wig store!

No comments:

Post a Comment